UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ydelican123
Visitor

Pack:1107 ERROR

Hey. I am using two Spartan 6 FPGA (XC6SLX150T-2FGG484C) in my board.

I used MGTTXN0_123,MGTTXP0_123 pins (TX-,TX+) and MGTRXN0_123,MGTRXP0_123 pins (RX-,RX+) between these two FPGA for high speed cross link.

1- Can I used these pins for communication between 2 FPGAs?

2- I tried to implement my FPGA project using Spartan 6 and used IBUFDS and OBUFDS for these pins. But I could not implement design. I see this error : Pack:1107 - Pack was unable to combine the symbols listed below into a single IOBS component because the site type selected is not compatible. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Pack:1107 ERROR

Hello @ydelican123 
I hope you are doing fine.

>Can I used these pins for communication between 2 FPGAs?

Yes. Spartan-6 GTP can support up to 2.7Gbps or 3.2Gbps max line-rate (depends on device speed grade)

>I see this error : Pack:1107 - Pack was unable to combine the symbols listed below into a single IOBS component because the site type selected is not compatible.

1. MGTTXN0_123,MGTTXP0_123 pins (TX-,TX+) and MGTRXN0_123,MGTRXP0_123 pins (RX-,RX+) are GTP pins.
( This is not an ordinary IO pins )

2. If you are new to Xilinx Transceivers, You may find these document very helpful.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug386.pdf
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/s6_gtpwizard/v1_11/ug546_s6_gtpwizard.pdf

3. IBUFDS, OBUFDS is not compatible with GTP pins,
    If you want to use IBUFDS/OBUFDS you should use non GTP pins. ( see also UG385 )

Spartan6_GTP.png

Regards
Leo

0 Kudos