cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhameed
Visitor
Visitor

Possible to use Pre-defined Base Address for PCIe?

I have a PCIe based design on my VCU118 board which is working fine in a linux system. The system exposes 3 BARs to the host system and the linux system assigns addresses to each BAR as it should and I am able to read/write to the FPGA address spaces from linux.

However now I am interfacing this design to a different host which is an embedded processor on a development board. However even though that embedded processor board is configured as a root complex, its driver is fairly primitive and it does not have the ability to read / write the BARs of the end-point device. Instead it assumes a static address for the end-point and assumes that the end-point device itself will write this address to the BAR register on that end-point device.

So my question is that is there anyway provided in the Xilinx Ultrascale+ PCIe block to setup the address in a BAR locally without the root complex actually coming in and writing the address in the BAR?

Btw I am using the DMA/Bridge IP for PCIe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pumpkin
Explorer
Explorer

As an alternative, you can enable the AXI-Lite slave interface, and change the BAR registers through this interface during system initialization.

Chao

0 Kudos