cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnwmclean
Visitor
Visitor

Problem migrating PCI Express 1.4 corgen design from 12.4 to 13.1 Spartan 6

Spent some time on migrating a design  so fairly sure it is consistent acorss 2 PCs in the office and several versions of the design including the original example design

Basically in ISE when I press "Synthesize"  it never starts and the following message is reported

Regenerate Core - pcie_core: All required files are available.
Process "Regenerate Core" failed

I've manually re-generated the core form Core Gnerator which reports that the core is OK but cannot get past the ISE error.

Anyone seen this - I've looked through the forums for this but didn't find anything - appologies if it is a known issue.

John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
arwa
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem migrating the PCIe core to version 13 of the tools. It seems to work fine when I migrate other coregen cores (FIFOs etc).

Doesn't work when I generate the PCIe core from scratch in 13.1 either.

0 Kudos
luisb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is a coregen problem that happens when it doesn't recognize some of the options in the XCO.  I know that you haven't changed anything, but CoreGen sees something there take it believes should not be there.  If you have the XCO in your ISE project, I recommend adding the RTL instead of the XCO.  It's generally more stable for the cores that provide a lot of RTL.

0 Kudos