Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Problem with interrupt, V7 PCIe Gen3 endpoint

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm working on a project involving Virtex-7 Gen3 Integrated Block for PCI Express v1.7 (endpoint). I need to transfer data from V7 to CPU memory by DMA.

At first I choose legacy interrupt, in simulation the rootport received Mwr TLPs successfully, but couldn't receive legacy interrupt. The signal cfg_interrupt_sent had been asserted twice by the core (Assert INTA and Deassert INTA), the interrupt disable bit in the PCI command register was left 0 as default, and the attribute AXISTEN_IF_ENABLE_MSG_ROUTE was set to 18'h2FFFF.  Then I tried the PIO example design simulation, and no legacy interrupt was received either.

Later, I used MSI interrupt mode, but cfg_interrupt_msi_enable wouldn't be asserted with this command:
board.RP.tx_usrapp.TSK_TX_TYPE0_CONFIGURATION_WRITE (board.RP.tx_usrapp.DEFAULT_TAG, 12'h48, 32'h00010000, 4'b0100);

I'm now very confused. Could anyone give me some help?

Thanks ahead.

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Problem with interrupt, V7 PCIe Gen3 endpoint

Jump to solution

can you make sure you are able to set AXISTEN_IF_ENABLE_MSG_ROUTE in the file pcie3_7x_0_pcie_7vx. Not in the xilinx_pcie_3_0_7vx_rp.v. This value is not passed to the underlying hierarchy.

I did this and able to see the packet on CQ interface.

I just added the below code which writes to CCCCDDDD to address EEC address in Bar0.

Below is the pkt i see at rp's CQ interface.

CQ.png

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

can you make sure you are able to set AXISTEN_IF_ENABLE_MSG_ROUTE in the file pcie3_7x_0_pcie_7vx. Not in the xilinx_pcie_3_0_7vx_rp.v. This value is not passed to the underlying hierarchy.

I did this and able to see the packet on CQ interface.

I just added the below code which writes to CCCCDDDD to address EEC address in Bar0.

Below is the pkt i see at rp's CQ interface.

CQ.png

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

hi, kotir

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks to your reply, I note that the attribute AXISTEN_IF_ENABLE_MSG_ROUTE set in rp.v is not passed to the underlying hierarchy. Thus, I set this attribure to 18'h2FFFF in pcie3_7x_v1_7_pcie_3_0_7vx.v which I see is the topest module uses it in the PIO example design.

I write CCCCDDDD to address board.RP.tx_usrapp.BAR_INIT_P_BAR[board.RP.tx_usrapp.ii][31:0] + 11'h6ec in bar0.

I can see that both the signals gen_leg_intr and cfg_interrupt_sent are asserted

But the rootport still doesn't receive any packet.

Looking forward to your further advice. Thank you .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Can you use the below code as is,

board.RP.tx_usrapp.DATA_STORE[0] = 8'hDD;
                          board.RP.tx_usrapp.DATA_STORE[1] = 8'hDD;
                          board.RP.tx_usrapp.DATA_STORE[2] = 8'hCC;
                          board.RP.tx_usrapp.DATA_STORE[3] = 8'hCC;

board.RP.tx_usrapp.TSK_TX_MEMORY_WRITE_32(board.RP.tx_usrapp.DEFAULT_TAG,
                              board.RP.tx_usrapp.DEFAULT_TC, 11'd1,
                              board.RP.tx_usrapp.BAR_INIT_P_BAR[board.RP.tx_usrapp.ii][31:0]+11'hEEC, 4'h0, 4'hF, 1'b0);

Make sure you set the Bus master enable bit on both RP and End point.

Regards,

KR

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

With your help I solve the problem,  please accept my late thanks.

0 Kudos