UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

QDMA bypass mode

Hello, 

I am reviewing the QDMA bypass mode in order to apply it to our project and there are the following questions about it.

1. In your example design for the bypass mode, it appears that the description is output to the bypass out port after the payload is written to the destination from the H2C DMA engine in case of H2C. 

I thought the payload should be written to the destination after the description was output to the bypass out port and back into the bypass in to activate the H2C DMA engine. Is this correct? In the case of C2H, the payload transaction occurs first as in H2C. I wonder if this behavior is correct.

2. Does the C2H DMA engine have a buffer or FIFO that can store descriptors? Or are all descriptors managed only with a buffer in the descriptor engine?

Thanks,

Jungmin

0 Kudos