UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar golson
Scholar

Questions about changing XAPP1052

Hi,

I have implemented XAPP1052 and have seen it behave like the APPNOTE says it will.  I am wondering

how I might be able to save the RX data( from PC to END POINT ) into a memory so I can use the

data actually create packets and send then out a to be designed camera port.

Thank You for any help,

Gary

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor charlie5360
Visitor

Re: Questions about changing XAPP1052

I have a similar question, but going the other way -- how can I save Tx data packets that are transmitted over PCIe from FPGA to PC memory.  The AppNote says they are thrown away, but shouldn't the data reside in PC memory after the DMA?
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have modified the BMD design to transmit data from Endpoint (i.e FPGA) to PC. Able to send continuous stream to PC from FPGA. The modification was done in the TX_ENGINE and worked fine. Somehow I am not able to tap the incoming packets (from PC to FPGA). In RX_ENGINE there are multiple states like BMD_64_RX_MEM_RD32_QW1,BMD_64_RX_CPLD_QW1 etc. I have already explored the linux driver and sending a pattern of data. In xapp1052, it is mentioned that the RX data is discarded. But not specifically mentiond about how to tap and save incoming data. It is very confusing.Also tried to get help from ug517 but kinda unsuccessful. Kindly help.

thanks,

Trushal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

In xapp1052, it is mentioned that the RX data is discarded. But not specifically mentiond about how to tap and save incoming data. It is very confusing.Also tried to get help from ug517 but kinda unsuccessful.

Hi Trushal,

Thanks!

Can you please attach your design files here,would try to debug  the issue.

--It will work :)

0 Kudos
Visitor niqbal7087
Visitor

If anyone has got a solution to this problem, kindly update here... i have opened a webcase today, in case if i get solution, i will post here..

0 Kudos
Observer danbo.liang
Observer

in 1052, the data from FPGA to PC can be writen into memory of PC, the app in PC can read away these data (this need to modify driver);

the data from PC to FPGA are discarded, if you want to use these data, you need to modify the design, you can store these data into one fifo or BRAM or DDR

0 Kudos