cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliciachee
Contributor
Contributor

SW drivers available for SW-FW communication between pc and fpga virtex-7 vc707 board using pcie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am new to pcie, and I'm trying to make a simple data transfer between pc and virtex-7 vc707 fpga board [SW-FW data communication] through pcie. The pc i'm using is windows 10. May I know if there is any software drivers available for windows 10 to facilitate SW communication. In addition, are there any software reference codes which I can refer to, to run a simple data communication from my pc to the pcie in my fpga board?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gavriely
Visitor
Visitor

@aliciachee wrote:

Hi Gavriel,

I am interested in purchasing the licence for WinDriver-PCI and would like to know the price of acquiring full licence of it.

Thanks.

Dear @aliciachee,

The price of a WinDriver license depends on several variables.

Would you kindly share with me your name and email address, so that we could discuss WinDriver and its pricing further? 

Alternatively, you can send me an email to: gavriely@jungo.com

I sent you a private message as well.

Best regards,

Gavriel Yadgarov | Account Manager | Jungo Connectivity

gavriely@jungo.com+1 408 351 6854

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gavriely
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, 

I saw your post and I would like to suggest to try out WinDriver - the driver development tool by Jungo Connectivity.

WinDriver is a device driver development toolkit which automatically generates a driver that is specific to your hardware. It enables you to access your hardware and implement your device functionality without having to develop in the kernel mode.

The program includes variety of samples that demonstrate how to use WinDriver’s API to communicate with your device and perform various driver tasks. After you download WinDriver, you can evaluate it free for 30 days.

You are more than welcomed to check our user manual or open a support ticket (you're entitled to full support during the evaluation period), in case you encounter any issues. 

Would you be able to provide me with your name, phone number and email address so we will be able to discuss your requirements?

gavriely@jungo.com | +1 408 351 6854

0 Kudos
bethe
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @aliciachee,

When VC707 is used as an endpoint, you don't need a special PCIe driver outside of what is already in the OS to do memory transactions down to the endpoint.  There are several 3rd party tools that facilitate this memory access via PCIe.  One such tool is RWEverything.   You can also do searches on basic application level access to the PCIe bus.  Microsoft offers several resources on API PCIe access. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
aliciachee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @bethe,

I have a project that involves using pcie for data communication between pc (Windows 10 OS) and fpga virtex 7 vc707. I'm using the 7 Series Integrated Block for PCI Express for the project. Can you send me the relevant windows driver to communicate with pcie in my fpga board and the windows source code?

Thanks

0 Kudos
bethe
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @aliciachee,

Please visit Xilinx Support Answer 65444 for more information on the process to get the Windows Driver.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
aliciachee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gavriel,

I am interested in purchasing the licence for WinDriver-PCI and would like to know the price of acquiring full licence of it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
gavriely
Visitor
Visitor

@aliciachee wrote:

Hi Gavriel,

Thanks.

Dear @aliciachee,

The price of a WinDriver license depends on several variables.

Would you kindly share with me your name and email address, so that we could discuss WinDriver and its pricing further? 

Alternatively, you can send me an email to: gavriely@jungo.com

I sent you a private message as well.

Best regards,

gavriely@jungo.com+1 408 351 6854

View solution in original post

0 Kudos