UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Stalling a PCIe transmission

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have some PCIe logic in the ML605 board which responds to PCIe memory r/w requests from a host PC. The thing is that during active transmission of a completion packet following a memory read request, I need to "stall" the transmission at least once. Based on my understanding, my logic is suppose to present [new] 64 bits of data on every positive trn_clk edge after trn_tsof_n is asserted. My FSM is as such that at least once, the same data is presented for two trn_clk cycles. Would de-asserting trn_tsrc_rdy_n for one of the two trn_clk cycles fit the requirement of new data on trn_td for every positive edge of trn_clk?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Stalling a PCIe transmission

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

I have some PCIe logic in the ML605 board which responds to PCIe memory r/w requests from a host PC. The thing is that during active transmission of a completion packet following a memory read request, I need to "stall" the transmission at least once.

What do you mean "I need to "stall" the transmission at least once". ?

if you want to stop the PCIe Xansmission according to your custom requirement you should handle the TX & RX Statemachines very well according to custom your requirement.But the same may not work well coz it may hang-up at the run time.

The Best way will be to inform the root complex whenever you want to stop the write from Ednpoint side.

Based on my understanding, my logic is suppose to present [new] 64 bits of data on every positive trn_clk edge after trn_tsof_n is asserted.

This is  correct!

My FSM is as such that at least once, the same data is presented for two trn_clk cycles. Would de-asserting trn_tsrc_rdy_n for one of the two trn_clk cycles fit the requirement of new data on trn_td for every positive edge of trn_clk?

Most Probably should work!

What is your user interface data width from your custom logic 8-bit/16-bit or 32 bit ?

Based on that you should write your own custom FSM/(custom logic) to convert the incoming data into required (64-bit) for the TX engine to allow Xansmission occur successfully with PCIe bus with your RootComplex.

Explain a bit more in more comprehensive format to help you better.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution