cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmatusov
Voyager
Voyager

Tandem Configuration is greyed out in DMA/Bridge Subsystem for PCI Express in an RFSoC design

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a design targeting ZU28 device and I want to use the Tandem PROM method for loading PCIe, however the corresponding field in the DMA/Bridge Subsystem for PCIe is greyed out with None in it. I am using Vivado 2019.1.1. Is there a way to enable Tandem PROM in this device?

Thanks,
/Mikhail

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deepeshm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Apologies for the delay. This is schedule to be supported in a future release of the tool. If possible, we will try to make it in the next Vivado release.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
deepeshm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is currently not supported. Please refer to https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/xdma/v4_1/pg195-pcie-dma.pdf for device support information on PCIe Tandem/PROM.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mmatusov
Voyager
Voyager

@deepeshm wrote:

This is currently not supported. Please refer to https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/xdma/v4_1/pg195-pcie-dma.pdf for device support information on PCIe Tandem/PROM.

Thanks.

I am sure I saw in some other document that Tandem PROM was supported in RFSoCs but since it is not, what are my options in getting PCIe ready in under 100 ms? Am I supposed to use PCIe interface in the PS portion? Would that work? Any other options?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mmatusov
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @deepeshm ,

I figured out where I saw it. Here's a screenshot from PG213, page 90:

Screenshot - 16-Jan-2020 , 2_59_46 PM.png

So, it's available for the PCIe Integrated Block itself but not for the DMA/Bridge Subsystem. 

Any ideas of what other options I have?

Thanks,
/Mikhail

0 Kudos
deepeshm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

We are checking on this. We will respond as soon as we have an update. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
deepeshm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Apologies for the delay. This is schedule to be supported in a future release of the tool. If possible, we will try to make it in the next Vivado release.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

mmatusov
Voyager
Voyager
Thanks!
0 Kudos