UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer mushihao
Observer

Using PCIe VIP to do DMA access to Xilinx XDMA block

Hi,

Is there any way to use 3rd party PCIe VIP to do DMA access through Xilinx XDMA design? I am reading the xilinx-xdma document, but I didn't find any clue about it.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/xdma/v3_0/pg195-pcie-dma.pdf

Thanks,

Hao

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Using PCIe VIP to do DMA access to Xilinx XDMA block

Hi @mushihao ,

Generate the IP example design and do simulation. You can know how to initiate DMA transfer from the Root port model.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Observer mushihao
Observer

Hi @venkata ,

Thanks. I already checked the example design and I think it sent transactions through AXI stream interface then to the root port model. I would like to know what is the data packet (addr and data pair) in pcie root port model directly. Please let me know if I misunderstood anything. 

Thanks,

Hao

0 Kudos

Hi @mushihao 

If you are looking to check the packet received at the root port, you will have to refer to the documentation of the VIP to know the signals to check.

IP example design helps to understand how does the test bench setup the descriptor and initiates the transfer from endpoint to the root port. If you refer the test bench model, you can find the details. 

Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos