UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mwalden
Observer

Version readback PCIe Endpoint Block Plus

Jump to solution

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to read back the version no. of the implemented core? Is there a Config Space register?

thx,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Version readback PCIe Endpoint Block Plus

Jump to solution

Hi,

The core does not contain this information built in. In other words, the version of the release is not stored in the logic.

However, the user could impelement this in either a memory mapped register or you might use the RevisionID register located in the Configuration Space. 

Regards

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

The core does not contain this information built in. In other words, the version of the release is not stored in the logic.

However, the user could impelement this in either a memory mapped register or you might use the RevisionID register located in the Configuration Space. 

Regards

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer mwalden
Observer

Jump to solution

Additional question:

is there a report where I can find informations about the implemented PCIe core version/patch?

Michael

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

When you generate the core a readme file in the core directory that will contain the version info including the patch status if any. This is the only thing I am aware of that informs of the version.

I hear what you are saying though, and it would be handy if there was a way for the implemenation tools to read something out of the core netlist to intepret the version.

-John

0 Kudos