Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Virtex-6 PCIe DMA Beginner Help and Webinar

Hello all,

I have implemented the PIO project successfully and have it running great in the bus slave (?) mode. However, my input data rate is now so high that I am going to need to be able to read off of the FPGA faster, hence I am looking into Direct Memory Access.

First of all I am trying to access the webinar located below as an introduction and it is not working at all for me, says it's a broken link. Does anyone know of an alternate site to reach this information?

http://seminar2.techonline.com/registration/wcIndex.cgi?sessionID=xilinx_jun2309

Secondly, I have an old version of WinDriver which I use to make a driver for Windows for the FPGA. I see a lot of people saying that Linux is so much better for this as the drivers are so much simpler. For DMA applications is it typically better to run on Linux? If not, are there free Windows drivers that I can look at?

Lastly, just any additional information anyone would have when transitioning from the slave PIO to a DMA PIO, how to get started, what to read, etc would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Re: Virtex-6 PCIe DMA Beginner Help and Webinar

Well I definitely just now saw the thread above me titled 'Helpful Resources' ... so ... that might be a place to start.

0 Kudos