Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Virtex 7 PCIe Linux Driver Kernel

Jump to solution

Hi all,

is there a restriction from which kernel version it is possible to develop a linux pcie driver?

I have here Ubuntu 10.4 with the kernel 2.6.31, so does anybody know if I'm gonna get problems with this old kernel?

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Virtex 7 PCIe Linux Driver Kernel

Jump to solution

Hi ,

If you look at the drivers and applications provided by xilinx i.e., xapp1052 and xapp1022, they are tested with Fedora10.

Fedora10 is kernel 2.6.27 based as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28operating_system%29 .

As this is just a minor change i would not expect a fatal issues. but some minor changes may require as packages may have some upgrades.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Virtex 7 PCIe Linux Driver Kernel

Jump to solution

Hi ,

If you look at the drivers and applications provided by xilinx i.e., xapp1052 and xapp1022, they are tested with Fedora10.

Fedora10 is kernel 2.6.27 based as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28operating_system%29 .

As this is just a minor change i would not expect a fatal issues. but some minor changes may require as packages may have some upgrades.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos