UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado Hangs while Synthesizing QDMA IP

Vivado hangs during OOC synthesis of QDMA IP.  After 15-20 minutes the log shows that "Synthesis finished with 0 errors..", however Vivado continues to indicate that the synthesis process is still running.

My steps to reproduce are simple: Create a new design targeting U200, instantiate QDMA IP either stand-alone, or as part of the QDMA example design, and then run OOC synthesis on the IP.

Note that I'm not experiencing problems like this with other IP.  Only QDMA.

I'm running Vivado 19.1 under RHEL 7.4 inside of a Docker container.

Please advise regarding how to debug.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Vivado Hangs while Synthesizing QDMA IP

Hi David,

I am in the process of testing this and I will get back to you with my results. If I see the same behaviour I will investigate and if required file a change request (CR) for this to be fixed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Kind regards,
Gareth
0 Kudos

Hi @davidgardner-ctc 

I have tested on my RHEL 7.2 with v2019.1 of Vivado and do not see the same issues that you report. Systhesis took some time to start but once it did it completed with no issues. See my screen capture below. Can you send your .XCI and I will test with this to see if it could be due to some configuration?

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Kind regards,
Gareth
qdma_synth.JPG
0 Kudos

It would seem that the problem is somehow related to running Vivado on Docker.  I too am able to synthesize the design on the host natively.

Option 1) Are you able to test this same scenario in a Docker container to try to reproduce?

Option 2) Is there some other information I can extract from the tools when they fail which would be informtive?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@davidgardner-ctc  @garethc ,

I would be greatly interested in this discussion, since also in my case a Vivado 2018.2 on DOcker does not finish synth_1 run.

Luca

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I have followed the instructions from the following URL:
https://www.starwaredesign.com/index.php/blog/64-fpga-meets-devops-xilinx-vivado-and-jenkins-with-docker
The proposed example works perfectly, but in the case of my design (target XCZU11EG device) the syhthesis starts, the floating license is taken, but it never ends.
Luca
0 Kudos