UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor sundarjdev
Visitor

Windows Host side PCIe driver for ZC706 Eval boards

I'm develoing some application using the ZC706 eval board and for which I need to interface the ZC706 to a Windows host through PCIe interface. I was wondering if there are Windows PCIe drivers available for the ZC706 board? I've tried searching in this forum and on Google with no luck. Looks like there are Linux PCIe drivers available but none for Windows. I would appreciate any pointers that I can get on this.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Windows Host side PCIe driver for ZC706 Eval boards

0 Kudos
Visitor sundarjdev
Visitor

Hi Yash:

Thanks for the link. That link seems like a paid service from a Xilinx partner company (Jungo). Do you know if Xilinx (or Jungo) provides free PCIe drivers for Windows hosts? I've looked at both Xilinx and Jungo websites but couldn't find any free PCIe driver for Windows.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check internally and will update.

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Hi,

I think ZC706 TRD does not have Windows drivers.

KC705 connectivity TRS has same design with Windows drivers and application.

May be you can use it with ZC706 , try to see what could differ , i see DMA is same from northwest logic.

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor sundarjdev
Visitor

Hi KR,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the design files for KC705 TRD from here - http://www.xilinx.com/support/index.html/content/xilinx/en/supportNav/boards_and_kits/kintex-7_boards_and_kits/kintex-7_fpga_connectivity_kit.html

But, looks like all of those zip files have drivers for Linux. I couldn't find Windows PCIe drivers in them. Am I looking at the correct link? I would appreciate if you could post the link to KC705 design file that has Windows drivers in it. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Hi,

You might have looked at older TRD.

Check with 2014.1.

Below is document which mentions about the Windows drivers.

http://china.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/k7_conn/2014_1/ug927-K7-Connectivity-TRD.pdf

Go to Kc705 connectivity kit -> targetted referance designs-> 2014.1 based RDF0282.

This will have a window folder with an exe file of application , i think this will install windows drivers also.

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor sundarjdev
Visitor

Hi KR,

Thanks for the link. I was indeed looking at older TRDs.

I'm facing 2 problems with the Windows driver provided in KC705 TRD kit-
1. Looks like that driver is meant to work only with Vendor ID = 0x10EE and Device ID = 0x7082 (which is that of the KC705 boards). My board has a Vendor ID = 0x10EE and Device ID = 0x7024.
2. The driver is not signed and requires "Driver Code Signing Enforcement" to be disabled every time during boot up in Windows. While this is fine during development, we wish to sign the driver when shipping the end product S/W.

To solve both these problem, I will need to modify the Windows drivers and rebuild and get it signed. In the user guide there's a section on "Building the Windows Software" under Appendix E which says Xilinx provides reference Windows driver framework that I can build. Appendix B says that the Windows driver source files should be under k7_connectivity_trd/software/windows folder but I don't see any source files there, only the setup.exe. If Xilinx has documented the procedure to build Windows drivers, I'm sure the drivers must exist out there somewhere. I've downloaded all the TRDs from 2013.3 (when Windows driver support was first added) till the latest TRD 2014.3 and checked all of them for Windows driver source files but with no luck. Any comments on where I can find the Windows driver source files? Any help on this from other forum members or from Xilinx is much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos