Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

XAPP1052, TSK_EXPECT_MEMRD

Jump to solution

XAPP1052, firmware, driver, and app all work fine. I would like to emulate the DMA transaction. Is there an example of using TSK_EXPECT_MEMRD? In my test I issue a Memory Read Start, the TX of the read address to the root port happens, but the read packet does not show up and TSK_EXPECT_MEMRD never completes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Both the root port and endpoint Bus Master bits must be set. The source for doing that is attached.

Root port trn_rsof_n and trn_reof_n signals now appear when mrd_start goes high. A root port app to handle that end of the DMA is next.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Did you make sure that the Bus Master Enable bit is set?

If this is not set, then the endpoint will not send the packet (even in simulation).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

That's a good sample but you're going to have to look at pci_exp_usrapp_tx.v and make sure that the TSK_BAR_PROGRAM task makes a configuration write on the Bus Master Enable bit to the command register.  It should look something like this:

TSK_TX_TYPE0_CONFIGURATION_WRITE(DEFAULT_TAG, 12'h04, 32'h00000003, 4'h7);

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
I have done that and have used chipscope to see what really happens. Emulation is quicker than writing to FLASH, once I have emulation matching reality I will post the code.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you're going to use ChipScope to look at the incoming packets, the I recommend taking a look at the RX MIM interface.  This way you can see your configuration packets as well as the ones that are passed to the user interface (trn_*)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Both the root port and endpoint Bus Master bits must be set. The source for doing that is attached.

Root port trn_rsof_n and trn_reof_n signals now appear when mrd_start goes high. A root port app to handle that end of the DMA is next.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

3DW rx's were not being decoded properly in pci_exp_usrapp_com.v, one additional change is needed (see attachment)

TSK_EXPECT_MEMRD returns with the proper values, use TSK_TX_COMPLETION_DATA to return the expected data.  See the example cited earlier.

0 Kudos