UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

XAZU5EV PCIe

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried to configure PCIe to device/Port type to Root complex with X2 lane, Gen-3. When I configured PCIe, I'm getting this error. Can you please help me how to overcome this error?

• [Common 17-70] Application Exception: Failed to create subcore IP 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_1_gt'. IP name 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_1_gt' is already in use in this project. Please choose a different name.

• [IP_Flow 19-1747] Failed to deliver file 'c:/vivado_18_2/Vivado/2018.2/data/ip/xilinx/pcie4_uscale_plus_v1_3/elaborate/gtwizard_elaborate_uscale_plus_v1_3.xit': ERROR: [Common 17-70] Application Exception: Failed to create subcore IP 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_1_gt'. IP name 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_1_gt' is already in use in this project. Please choose a different name.

I'm facing this issue only in Zynq series and the device/Port type is automatically changing to 'EndPoint' device. I dont know why it is happening. Can anyone please help on this?

Xilinx issue.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: XAZU5EV PCIe

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

I have attached a formal patch with this reply that will enable you to use the XAZU5EV-SFVC784-1Q-q with the UltraScale+ Integrated Block IP in Vivado 2018.2. Please let me know if you have any issues with it. AR71718 will be released to the public shortly to document the patch formally.

Vivado 2018.3 is expected to be released sometime in December.

Thanks,
Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

Which specific Zynq device are you using in Vivado 2018.2?

Thanks,
Cory

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Device name  : XAZU5EV-SFVC784-1Q-q. When PCIe Port type is set to 'End Point/Root complex', first time it shows the following error: 

[IP_Flow 19-3461] Value '16' is out of the range for parameter 'User data width(TX_USER_DATA_WIDTH)' for IP 'design_1_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_2/design_1_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_2_gt' . Valid values are - 32, 64

Next time, following errors are repeated again and again

[Common 17-70] Application Exception: Failed to create subcore IP 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_0_gt'. IP name 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_0_gt' is already in use in this project. Please choose a different name.

[IP_Flow 19-1747] Failed to deliver file 'c:/vivado_18_2/Vivado/2018.2/data/ip/xilinx/pcie4_uscale_plus_v1_3/elaborate/gtwizard_elaborate_uscale_plus_v1_3.xit': ERROR: [Common 17-70] Application Exception: Failed to create subcore IP 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_0_gt'. IP name 'PCIE_BD_pcie4_uscale_plus_0_0_gt' is already in use in this project. Please choose a different name.

But IP is generated successfully for the part number 'XCZU5EV-SFVC784-1Q-q' and 'XAZU5EV-SFVC784-1LV-i' .

How lane width and link speed is related to speed grade(-1) and temperature grade(Q/I)?  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

I have reproduced the issue you have reported with a XAZU5EV-SFVC784-1Q-q. I have filed a Change Request to get this issue resolved in a future release of Vivado.

Thanks,

Cory

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Coryb,

Thanks for your co-operation. As per the project requirement, PCIe block (Root Complex with x2 @ Gen 2) need to be generated for the device number 'XAZU5EV-SFVC784-1Q-q'. 

I kindly request you to provide solution on this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

The Change Request has been resolved in Vivado 2018.3. We are currently working on a 2018.2 Patch so you can utilize the XAZU5EV-SFVC784-1Q-q in Vivado 2018.2 / UltraScale+ Integrated Blocks IP. Please give us a bit more time to complete this solution.

Thanks,
Cory

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @coryb

Thanks for your support. When 2018.3 will get release? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

I have attached a formal patch with this reply that will enable you to use the XAZU5EV-SFVC784-1Q-q with the UltraScale+ Integrated Block IP in Vivado 2018.2. Please let me know if you have any issues with it. AR71718 will be released to the public shortly to document the patch formally.

Vivado 2018.3 is expected to be released sometime in December.

Thanks,
Cory

View solution in original post

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @coryb,

Thank you. Will check and get back to you. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

I am checking in to verify that the patch is working for your application. If it is, please mark the proper post as a solution. If not, please let me know so we can look into it.

Thanks,
Cory

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Hi @coryb,
Can you please tell me how to use this patch?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

If you unzip the patch, it comes with a readme with instructions on how to apply it to your 2018.2 install. Let me know if you still have any questions on the patch install flow.

Thanks,
Cory

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @coryb,

PCIe IP is generated with the required configuration. Thank you so much for helping.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @coryb,

After installing patch file, PCIe IP (End Point) which was generated in other projects earlier (before installing patch file) with part number XCVU9P are found to be locked. 

Now, all Projects consists of PCIe IP need to be synthesized from first (as they are locked after installing patch file).

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya,

This is expected behavior, since the patch you applied "uprev's" the IP. Did you apply the patch globally to your 2018.2 install (Method 1) or did you apply the patch using the user/project specific method (Method 2)

If you did Method 1, then ALL users using that specific 2018.2 build will get the patched IP and will need to update their IP accordingly.

If you did Method 2, then only users with the XILINX_PATH variable will have the patch applied. This is the favored approach for project specific users.

Thanks,
Cory

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Okay, Thank you. I followed Method 1.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Coryb, 

In the same zynq device, XAZU5EV-SFV784-Q, Is it possible to have two PCIe RC in PL section? One PCIe with block location X0Y0, x2 @gen3 and another PCIe with block location X0Y1, x2 @gen3.

When I tried to implement, Placement failed saying that it is incompatible with the device sometimes, sometimes implementation got successful. Can you please check on this and give me a clear idea on this? FYI, we have only one MGT bank in bank 224 where we have 4 MGTREFCLK pins and 8 transceiver pins. Is it really compatible? 

The error is : 

[Place 30-60] Place Check : This design requires more GTHE4_COMMON cells than are available in the target device. This design requires 2 of such cell types but only 1 compatible site is available in the target device. please analyze your synthesis results and constraints to ensure the design is mapped to Xilinx primitives as expected.

How to overcome this issue?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @sumaiya.

Thank you for posting your latest question in a new topic: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/Can-we-use-two-PCIe-with-two-block-locations-in-XAZU5EV/m-p/925640#M23282

I will take a look into this shortly.

Cory

0 Kudos