cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

XDMA 2019.2 + latest driver from Xilinx/dma_ip_drivers git repo - Malformed TLP generation

Hi Collegues.

We met an issue with Xilinx 2019.2 XDMA IP and latest XDMA driver from Xilinx/dma_ip_drivers git repo. If we try to send large amount of data throught PCIe - XDMA can generate Malformed TLP.  This issue repeats on all our projects on all systems (different servers). On all systems we use ubuntu 18.04, kernel version 5.3.

This issue also repeats on our customers systems. Customer uses Ubuntu 18.03 kernel version 4.15.

We implemeted simple project in Vivado - just XDMA+DDR - and the issue repeats on it too. To reproduce it - just implement any project in vivado with XDMA and start sending large block of data(about 2-4GB) to it via pcie in a loop. Malformed TLP will be generated in a minute!

As a workaround - we use driver from branch 2018.3 from the same git repo (Xilinx/dma_ip_drivers). With this driver everything works well.

Is it a latest XDMA driver bug? If it is, why malformed tlp is generated? We suppose XDMA should bever generate Mailformed TLP and still it does sometimes.

Best regards,

@abob 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guy, I had the same problem with vivado 2019.1 XDMA IP and  the dma driver v2019.2.51. When I roll back the driver to v2018.3.50, everything works fine. My OS version is CentOS 7.7.1908. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @fanxitian 

Thanks for your feedback. Looks like it is a widespread problem. 

It is intresting to hear Xilinx's thoughts about that.

Regards,

@abob 

0 Kudos