cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndnsoulja
Participant
Participant

XDMA streaming mode with axis switch

I'm trying to use the XDMA in stream mode. If i want to use the Axis switch with h2c in the slave and multiple masters how would I implement something like that? Would I be able to select the master I want to route the slave to? Any examples would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
venkata

Hi @ndnsoulja 

With AXI4-Stream interconnect, you can use “Control register routing” for your use case. I highlighted it in the snapshot below. This option enables a S_AXI_LITE interface on the interconnect IP.

axis_interconnect.png

To control the routing from S_AXI to one of the M_AXI ports on the AXI4-stream interconnect, you will need to write to the register space of AXI4 stream interconnect IP. Please check “Register Space” section in page 26 of PG085 at the link below.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axis_infrastructure_ip_suite/v1_1/pg085-axi4stream-infrastructure.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
ndnsoulja
Participant
Participant

@venkata So I connected the M_AXI_LITE from XDMA to S_AXI_LITE  of interconnect. Using the Xilinx provided drivers, I'm doing the below but not getting the expected results

TEST 1: route S00_AXIS to M00_AXIS, expect data from XDMA_H2C to route to M00_AXIS output

#setup switch to route S00 to M00

reg_rw /dev/xdma0_user 0x40 w 0x0

# Commit registers, Write address offset 0x0, data 0x2

reg_rw /dev/xdma0_user 0x00 w 0x2

#send xdma_h2c

/dma_to_device -d /dev/xdma0_h2c0/ -f datafile.bin -s 1024 -c 1

I have ILAs set on S_AXI_LITE, S00_AXIS, M00_AXIS, and M01_AXIS; when I setup the switch, i see data on the S_AXI_LITE, but then when i do the dma_to_device nothing on M00_AXIS.

0 Kudos
venkata

Hi @ndnsoulja 

Have you checked that DMA transfer is successful to XDMA IP output - m_axis_h2c_* interface (or) S00_AXIS of the AXI-Stream interconnect?

Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos