Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raoul
Visitor
Visitor

Zynq MPSOC Cant get PS-PCIe to link up

Jump to solution

Hello, I am trying to use the PS-PCIe block on a Zynq ultrascale+. I am using Vivado and Vitis version 2020.1.

Unfortunetly, I can't get the PCIe port to link-up, I tested the hardware using another FPGA module and then linking-up does work. The only major functional difference between the two is that the Zynq uses a reset that is sourced from the PCIe port, while the other fpga uses an internally created soft-reset.

In the PCIe status register I can see that phy_rdy does become one but pcie_link_up does not. I believe that this tells me that I at least get a ref-clock. I tried this while the reset was disconnected and I get the same result. Is there anyway in which I can see if the PS-PCIe port actually resets?

I tried debugging using IBERT GTR but it doesn't really give my any new insights. As far as I understand it just tells me that I have a refclock coming in.

Raoul_0-1616506774650.png
Are there any other debug tools that I can use for debugging the PS-PCIe?

Thanks in advance for your help.

On a side note: I do get a serial message back when booting up that says: "PMU-FW is not running, certain applications may not be supported.". This isn't a problem when just using PCIe, right?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pvenugo

@Raoul ,

For PS PCIe are you using MIO reset provided by default or is it EMIO reset?

Refer to PS_PL_PCIe_Drivers_Debug_Guide.pdf   and check if hardware settings are done as per doc and review the software registers.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
pvenugo

@Raoul ,

For PS PCIe are you using MIO reset provided by default or is it EMIO reset?

Refer to PS_PL_PCIe_Drivers_Debug_Guide.pdf   and check if hardware settings are done as per doc and review the software registers.

Regards

Praveen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post