cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alberto.scolari
Visitor
Visitor

cannot instantiate PCIe DMA example project in Vivado 2017.2

I am trying to use the DMA/Bridge subsystem for PCI Express in Vivado 2017.2.

At first, I wanted to instantiate an example design for the VC707 board using the AXI Stream interface and the full PCIe x8 connectivity. The steps I follow are:

create new project for VC707 > create block design > add PCIe DMA core > run block automation > select x8 and AXIS options within the block options > (right click on block) Open IP Example design

While on previous versions of Vivado this worked and opened the example design with the settings I wanted, with version 2017.2 I get the following error messages

# generate_target open_example [get_ips xdma_0]
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3461] Value 'BAR_0' is out of the range for parameter 'Pf1 Msix Cap Table Bir(pf1_msix_cap_table_bir)' for BD Cell 'xdma_0' . Valid values are - ~, 0, ~, 1, ~, 2
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3461] Value 'BAR_0' is out of the range for parameter 'Pf1 Msix Cap Pba Bir(pf1_msix_cap_pba_bir)' for BD Cell 'xdma_0' . Valid values are - ~, 0, ~, 1, ~, 2
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-3438] Customization errors found on 'xdma_0'. Restoring to previous valid configuration.
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3461] Value 'BAR_0' is out of the range for parameter 'Pf1 Msix Cap Table Bir(pf1_msix_cap_table_bir)' for BD Cell 'xdma_0' . Valid values are - ~, 0, ~, 1, ~, 2
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3461] Value 'BAR_0' is out of the range for parameter 'Pf1 Msix Cap Pba Bir(pf1_msix_cap_pba_bir)' for BD Cell 'xdma_0' . Valid values are - ~, 0, ~, 1, ~, 2
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-3447] Customization errors found during restoring IP 'xdma_0' to previous valid configuration.
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3439] Failed to restore IP 'xdma_0' customization to its previous valid configuration.
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-98] Generation of the IP CORE failed.
Failed to customize IP 'xdma_0'. Failed to apply user parameter values.
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Mon Oct  9 18:28:26 2017...
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: Unable to open example project; see previous messages.

and no example design.

Also, trying with different boards or options (including those related to MSI-X) leads to the same error.

What is wrong in my block design?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wmansour
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, did you succeed to resolve it?

cheers

0 Kudos