UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

connecting GTX phy (in gen1 , pcie mode) to Synopsys PCIe controller ... URGENT HELP NEEDED!

hi,

i generated a pcie gen1 phy using the GTX wizard (for V6 FPGA, ISE 14.1). I plan to integrate the GTX phy to Synopsys PCIe controller. 

Upon simulation, I saw that the rxvalid of the GTX core was asserting too soon as compared to the rxvalid of an actual pcie PHY. as a result my sim was not establishing link up.

my questions are -

1) can i attach the GTX pcie gen1 phy to my gen1 pcie controller seemlessly (over the pipe IF) or do i need to have some form of glue logic in between the controller and GTX?

2) where can i get the details of such glue logic? and example design/doc/xilinx app note/rtl code i can refer to?

3) since the rxvalid is asserting way too soon for the gtx, i searched this forum and found something callex rx_valid_filter. what does this do and is this something i would need to connect the gtx phy to my controller?

4) any other pointers i need to take care of while doing this?

help! :)

z.

0 Kudos