cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

how the endpoint_blk_plus deal with read completions?

when is completion streaming mode, is  completions will continuous fall out of the ip? In other word, in a complition receiving process,between sof and eof ,the src_rdy_n signal will always assert or may dessert and stall the interface?

thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Tm_jin,

Completion streaming mode priortizes completions and will promote completions over P/NP packets.  This mode is required when configuring the core in a x8 at 250MHz or x4 at 125MHz interface frequency and when the EP will be receiving a stream of completions.  Completions must be promoted to guarantee the completion buffer within the core does not overflow.  

When receiving completions, the application is prohibited from de-asserting trn_rdst_rdy_n and must drain packets out of the core if packet exist.  The application must qualify a data beat using trn_rsrc_rdy_n.

Thanks,
Jake

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

thank you for you answer!

I also want to how when a completion packet will drained out of the core. for example, the core receiving a 64bytes completion and i always assert trn_rdst_rdy_n , will the 64bytes completion drained out continuously or may stalled by the core throuth assert trn_rsrc_rdy_n?

In other words, when i always assert trn_rdst_rdy_n,in an completion receiving process between the core assert trn_rsof_n and trn_reof_n,the core will always assert trn_rsrc_rdy_n or may deassert it between the middle?

my englishi is poor ,i hope i have expressed my problem clearly, thank you !

0 Kudos