cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

how to implement XAPP1052 to KC705

Dear All

I'm trying to implement PCIE X4 Gen2 with DMA on KC705, but XAPP1052 is not for 7 serials, while XAPP1171 is for KC705 but delivered without software driver and app. so has anyone ever implemented XAPP1052 on KC705? how can I get started?

thanks very much!

BR

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar
Scholar

Hi

Xapp1052 is done for older devices.

If you are looking for a referance design of PCIe system with software drivers, You should take a look at Targetted referance designs of 7 series its.

For example , KC705 connectivity kit has TRD with drivers and application similar to xapp1052.

http://china.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/k7_conn/2014_1/ug927-K7-Connectivity-TRD.pdf

Regards.

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

but TRD design need third party DMA engine, that's not what we want......

0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

I think there is no reference design with complete free cores.

You may try  to replace it with AXI DMA and change the register map in the Drivers and see if you can work with this.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi kotir

I noticed that V6 is using PCIE_2_0 and K7 is using PCIE_2_1, so I guess if I need to migrate XAPP1052 to K7, then only work I have to do is to change the interface of PCIE_2_0 to PCIE_2_1, right?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Not only  the interface you will also need to pay attention to all the pin locations 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi sherbin,

I also encounter with the problem like yours'. Did you resolve it by migrate XAPP1052 to K7? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos