cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ml605_pcie_x4_gen2, windows 7, pcitree, lspci, usb driver for linux

I have a dual boot machine with Windows 7 and Linux. I have programmed the ML605 with the ml605_pcie_x4_gen2 sample. I am looking for a PciTree equivalent for Windows 7 so that I stay close to the step by step instructions in the ml605_pcie_x4_gen2 app note. Do you know of one? Under Linux the command 'lspci' doesn't show the ML605 either.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry for posting a laundry list to start this thread.

XTP045, the 'ML605 PCIe x4 Gen2 Design Creation' app note has a photo on p. 33 with incorrect switch settings. With S2 switch settings [6:1] 011001,  i.e. selecting SlaveSelectMAP Platform Flash XL, and S1 settiings [4:1] 0000, the command 'lspci' in Linux does show the board as 'RAM memory: Xilinx Corporation Device 6024'.

In the 'PCIe Gen2 link speed negotiation' Martin mentions 'The actually used link speed was checked by reading the Link Status Register in the endpoint's configuration space'. How do I read the Link Status Register?

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I know this is a year later, but I had the same problem recently, except that PCITree doesn't have W7 x64 (64-bit) support.  I finally found HWDirect (http://eprotek.com/) and it works for me.  I haven't purchased the license yet, but at least I am able to see that my board is recognized and I can read the same memory locations that PCITree seems to.  The license is cheap compared to PCITree as well.

If you end up using HWDirect, here's some advice:

1. Make sure you put the .sys files from the installation folder into the respective windows system folders.

2. (Assuming you're programming on the machine to which the board is connected) After you program the board, restart windows (not shut down).  During the POST screen (before the starting Windows splash screen), press F8 to get into safe mode.  Select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement and it will boot into windows.  Start up HWDirect, then run a scan on PCIe devices.

Let me know if you have questions on this, though I may not be able to answer them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Another alternative is "RW - Read & Write Utility".

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/RW-Read-and-Write.shtml

0 Kudos