Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

problem of simulating pcie core 1.6. please help

Hi,

I'm using ISE 10.1 vertex5 and Modelsim SE 6.4a and the pcie endpoint block plus core v1.6.
in the file named function,there is a script. Is it only used in ise ?can it be used in modelsim?
I have tried to use it in modelsim,but there is error,

# vsim -L secureip -L UNISIMS_VER work.board work.glbl
# ** Note: (vsim-3812) Design is being optimized...
# ** Note: (vsim-3865) Due to PLI being present, full design access is being specified.
# ** Error: E:/item/macro_xilinx/PCIe/sim/code/board.v(83): Failed to find '\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/pcie_ep ' in hierarchical name.
# ** Error: E:/item/macro_xilinx/PCIe/sim/code/board.v(83): Failed to find '\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/pcie_ep ' in hierarchical name.
# ** Error: E:/item/macro_xilinx/PCIe/sim/code/board.v(86): Failed to find '\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/SIO/.pcie_gt_wrapper_i/GTD[0].GT_i ' in hierarchical name.
# ** Error: E:/item/macro_xilinx/PCIe/sim/code/board.v(86): Failed to find '\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/SIO/.pcie_gt_wrapper_i/GTD[0].GT_i ' in hierarchical name.

I comment out the two lines contain "\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/pcie_ep " and "\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/SIO/.pcie_gt_wrapper_i/GTD[0].GT_i",
and sinulate again,but trn_lnk_up does not assert and it's forever stuck at :

# Running test {sample_smoke_test0}......
# [                   0] : System Reset Asserted...
# [             4995000] : System Reset De-asserted...
# [             5346100] : Transaction Reset Is De-asserted...

for a long long time......

And I also have tried to simulate without using the script.I sinulate it in normal format ,but there is also problem ,

# vsim -L secureip -L UNISIMS_VER work.board work.glbl
# ** Note: (vsim-3812) Design is being optimized...
# ** Note: (vsim-3865) Due to PLI being present, full design access is being specified.

I comment out the two lines contain "\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/pcie_ep " and "\BU2/U0/pcie_ep0/pcie_blk/SIO/.pcie_gt_wrapper_i/GTD[0].GT_i",and sinulate again,but there happen a new error:

# ** Error: E:/item/macro_xilinx/PCIe/sim/code/PIO.v(174): (vopt-2135) Too many port connections. Expected 20, found 22.
# ** Error: E:/item/macro_xilinx/PCIe/sim/code/pci_exp_64b_app.v(292): (vopt-2135) Too many port connections. Expected 21, found 23.

please help! thank you !!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Re: problem of simulating pcie core 1.6. please help

There is a "simulate_mti.do" script for ModelSim in /simulation/functional/ folder (this is what you're running, right ?) .

You can run it from ModelSim commad line as "ModelSim> do simulate_mti.do". It used to work for me.

Also, do you have to use 1.6 core. There is a newer 1.9 with lots of fixes, including simulation ones.

OutputLogic 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

hi,

thank you for your rely.do you mean it might be the problem of the version of pcie core i used?

the version of my ise is 10.1,and the pcie version is 1.6. i need to update my ise to get the 1.9 core. i have to try the method, thank you for your remind. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

hi,
I am simulating pcie core 1.9 based on windows. but the core is based on linux.so there are files
named xilinx_lib_vcs.f and xilinx_lib_vnc.f pointed to $XILINX/smartmodel/lin/wrappers/
what can i do to change it to work on windows ? should i change one to point to $XILINX/smartmodel/nt/wrappers/  and delete
another one ? should i  modify other things ?
for help ! thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Why don't you try an regenerate the core for WIndows. Also, xilinx_lib_vcs.f indicates that it's for VCS simulator. You're using ModelSim, right ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

hi,
thank you for your reply.
i use modelsim to simulate pcie core1.9. i have vsim the unisim.ppc405 without error,but the simulation
can't link up .it's strange ,i have uploaded the transcript of "vsim unisim.ppc405" and the
transcript of "do simulate_mti.do" .can you give me some advise,thank you so much!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

It takes about 80us till the PCIe link is up.

Where did you upload "do simulate_mti.do"  ?

OutputLogic 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

i'm sorry ,here it is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

and it's the transcript of "vsim unisim.ppc405"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as you.Have you solved it ,and HOW?

Please help,waiting for reply.

0 Kudos