Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

the PCIe core cannot send memory write request TLP to PC

Hi,

I'm using the virtex-6 FPGA to implement a PCIe endpoint.  I have a problem with sending memory write request TLP to the PC memory when developing the DMA.

I have set the bus_master_enable bit in the linux driver.

And from the view of chipscope,  the trn_interface timing is fine, the buffer avalible is decreasing from 0x1e to 0, with occasionally increasing by 1, which means that the PCIe core has send several TLP out.  But when it decreases to 0, the core doesn't send TLP out any more, and trn_tbuf_av is 0.

The cfg_dstatus indicates a correctalbe error all the time.

The link is in L0 state.

I want to know why the core can't send TLPs out.

--

I have just counted the number of TLPs that the User Application send to the PCIe core.  It's 33 TLPs, and the total transmit buffer is 30.  It seems that 3 TLPs has been sent out, and 30 TLPs are in the transmit buffer.  But when I count the times that trn_tbuf_av increases, it's 7, which means 7 TLPs has been sent out.  I don't know why it is contrary.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: the PCIe core cannot send memory write request TLP to PC

I re-implement the PCIe core to Gen1-x4, and their are a little change:

at the beginning, the trn_tbuf_av change between 0x1D and 0x1C for about 10 times, then it decreases straightly to 0.

it seems the TLPs had been sent out at the beginning, but due to some reason, the core stop to send TLPs.

what is the reason?

0 Kudos