UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer terryliu
Observer

use XAPP1171 in Vivado2015

Hi,

The new V2.7 AXI Memory Map To PCIe is released with vivado2015.3, but the XAPP1171 document and design file is still pretty old ver (for vivado2013.3). I think XAPP1171 script also need to be updated to generate new Ver IPs in new Ver Vivado(please correct me if i am wrong). And, I do not understand why Xilinx never update XAPP1171 script as vivado has been updated so much. 

Is there anyone who has idea how to modify the scrip file to generate new ver IPs for vivado2015.3? It will make me nervous when purchased a KC705 board but can NOT use newest vers.

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: use XAPP1171 in Vivado2015

Hi,
I don't think releasing Xapp with every version is Vivado is practical.
Please use the existing files as a reference and modify as per your requirements.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer deanbruce
Observer

Ok then Vijay.

If I want to evaluate the design, how do I obtain all of the necessary old ip versions. As I see it , playing russian roulette and just updating the version numbers to those with my version of vivado is likly to fail !

what should we do ?

0 Kudos
Scholar wzab
Scholar

I tried to use XAPP1171, but after updating all IPs it simply failed to synthesize. After some adjustments I got

it compiled, but it still didn't work.

That's why I started to build the similar system from scratch, with the current version of Vivado, sharing the results.

However this approach is probably also not the best one, especially when each design archive is ca 17 MB :-(.

I think that a platform to exchange experiences between the users (including complete designs) would be very useful.

Regards,

Wojtek

0 Kudos