Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

write_bitstream error for Tandem_PROM

Jump to solution

Processing options...
INFO: [Designutils 12-2358] Enabled Tandem boot bitstream.
ERROR: [Designutils 20-1854] The CONFIG_MODE constraint must be set for the Tandem PROM flow.

This is with Vivado 2015.4.1 and for xcku060-ffva1156-2-i target.

PCIE_3_1_X0Y0 in x4 mode with Quad224

HELP!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@chili.chips Please add constrain in your xdc. I belive you are using bpi x16 so these constrains can be copied as it is in your xdc and then re-run

set_property CONFIG_MODE BPI16 [current_design]

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@chili.chips Please add constrain in your xdc. I belive you are using bpi x16 so these constrains can be copied as it is in your xdc and then re-run

set_property CONFIG_MODE BPI16 [current_design]

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@chili.chips Please check these links which would be helpful

From page no 84 of the UG

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie3_ultrascale/v4_1/pg156-ultrascale-pcie-gen3.pdf 

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVDwEfzrntA

-Pratham

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks!

Are there CONFIG_MODE(s) that cannot work in Tandem-PROM mode?

BTW, I was selecting CONFIG_MODE via Bitstream Settings GUI, but that didn't seem to have an effect. Why???

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@chili.chips Yes there are.

Selecting via GUI should also work (This adds the same tcl command in your xdc). Did you save design/constrain file?

-Pratham

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Could you please enumerate all CONFIG_MODEs that are:

1) interoperable with Tandem-PROM

2) and NOT

When changing constraints through the GUI (and also TCL console), I did not save them, but just initiated bitstream generation after constraint change.

I thought that, with Implemented Design opened / loaded in memory, the typed-in constraints would apply directly to it and remain effective for the next flow step (write_bitstream) in that session. In other words, saving constraint would be needed only if I wanted to preserve typed-in changes for the next run/session from the scratch.

How are we supposed to go about interactive experimenting/exploration of constraints (trial-and-error) without ruining our main/reference constraints files?

0 Kudos