cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kas
Visitor
Visitor

xdma interrupts

I'm having issues generating xdma interrupts ported on a Kintex 7 325 using a Questa Sim-64 2020.3 simulation. I've configured the Ultrascale Root Port and the Kintex 7 Endpoint per AR's 58495 and 72702.  I've debugged the simulation down to the xdma_v4_1_6_udma_wrapper, which is locked.  Signals go in and nothing comes out. I've tried Legacy, MSI, and MSI-X.  I don't see any cfg_msg_* message traffic and the 'cfg_interrupt_sent' signal(which comes out of the udma_wrapper) is 'x'.  The XDMA configuration is very simple, so I'm at a loss as to why the simulation is not working. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

Regards,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
venkata

Hi @kas 

Can you explain the steps you implemented based on AR#72702 with XDMA IP? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
kas
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to double check everything before responding.  I followed the steps in the MSI-X Interrupts section on page 9 of the AR#72702.  I've attached my simulation log.  In it you'll find every access made during the simulation.  There is a section where I dump the Root Port PCIe Configuration Space, and the Endpoint Configuration Space.  Also, the log file shows accesses to setup interrupts within the XDMA IP.  I've also attached a simulation capture showing MSI-X interrupt signals.  When interrupt_requests go active, the cfg_interrupt_msix_int line stays inactive, and the cfg_interrupt_sent signal is 'X'.  The screenshot also shows the Endpoint Message Interface h'z.   I've also attached the transmission_core_dma_controller_0_core_top.sv file.  The parameter configurations might give you some insight.

Finally, my first thought was that this maybe a simulation issue, but running the device on the platform reveals the same thing.  Interrupts don't work.  When we run the polling test, things work great.

Regards,

kas

0 Kudos
kas
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry, these attachments were dropped for some reason.

MSIX_Interrupt_Capture2.PNG
0 Kudos
venkata

Hi @kas ,

I referred to the log. I could not verify step #2 - The Function Mask in MSI-X Control register must be unset. Can you confirm?

One more thing, whether usr_irq_req input is asserted in synchronous to axi_aclk output from the IP?

0 Kudos
kas
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Venkata,

Line 829 of the Log File displays the value of the MSI-X Control Register.  Also, the entire system is running off the axi_clk from the XDMA, so yes to usr_irq_req input.

0 Kudos
venkata

Hi @kas 

Can you share the IP .xci file? I would like to check the issue using IP example design.

0 Kudos
kas
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
venkata

Hi @kas 

I ran simulation of MSI-X interrupts using IP example design generated with your .xci file. I could do the required settings and trigger one interrupt successfully. There are no additional steps other than those mentioned in AR#72702. The snapshot below shows my result. 

venkata_1-1617233298509.png

I have attached the test bench update I did for this test. Refer to the attachment from line 348. Can you compare the steps in my test bench and yours?

0 Kudos