UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer pangwenbin
Observer

xdma tandem- help me

I am trying use xdma which is selected with tandem.

i have selected a device kcu1500, the xdma which selected the Advanced configuration Mode option, and selected Tandem for the Tandem Configuration or Partial Reconfiguration option.

Then i got a example design .I try to synthesize and implement and  generate bit and then prom files ,it looks very well.

But i add a vio and mark_debug into the design ,these is a error dure implement.The error means CONFIG cells is not marked to stage 1.So i add the fellow constraint into xdc file.

set_property HD.TANDEM 1 [get_cells dbg_hub]
set_property HD.TANDEM_IP_PBLOCK Stage1_Main [get_cells dbg_hub]
 Then that error looks be solved.But a ner error occur:

[DRC HDTC-4] Stage one Pblock logic must be contained: Stage one Pblock 'xdma_0_i_inst_pcie3_ip_i_inst_xdma_0_pcie3_ip_Stage1_main' has cell 'dbg_hub/inst/BSCANID.u_xsdbm_id/SWITCH_N_EXT_BSCAN.u_bufg_icon_tck' placed at site BUFGCE_X2Y32 which is not within the allowed range for this Pblock.

Now it has took me someday,anyone give me some help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xdma tandem- help me

Can you please check if this helps?
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62192.html
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xdma tandem- help me

@pangwenbin,

By assigning the dbg_hub module to stage 1 via the properties you note, you expect all of that logic to be available with the base PCIe IP when stage 1 programming completes.  All stage 1 logic must be assigned to a stage 1 pblock.  There are two to pick from, so the specific resources must be available within the target region.  Stage1_Main contains the PCIe block, fabric logic (BRAM, CLBs), transceivers, and the CONFIG_SITE, which is where the BSCAN is located.  But this clock buffer is looking for a BUFGCE resources, which can be found in the Stage1_Config_IO pblock.  Try the following:

set_property HD.TANDEM_IP_PBLOCK Stage1_Config_IO [get_cells dbg_hub/inst/BSCANID.u_xsdbm_id/SWITCH_N_EXT_BSCAN.u_bufg_icon_tck]

Note that some debug logic is inserted during opt_design, so simply adding this to a general implementation XDC will not work, as unmatched instances will be thrown out.  As @deepeshm notes in his link to the AR, these constraints must be added prior to place_design for them to be attached to the updated design that includes debug logic.  Another example of this is the assignment of the BSCAN instance to stage 1, like so:

set_property HD.TANDEM_IP_PBLOCK Stage1_Main [get_cells dbg_hub/inst/BSCANID.u_xsdbm_id/SWITCH_N_EXT_BSCAN.bscan_inst/SERIES7_BSCAN.bscan_inst]

thanks,

david.