Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Microblaze - Modelsim loading issue - cannot find .mem file

Hi 

I created a block diagram using Vivado Version 2013.3, which contains a Microblaze (version 9.2) and ancillary ip components.

I have compiled the complete design in Modelsim (version 12.d and 12.e) but I get the following error when loading modelsim. 

# Loading work.system_lmb_bram_0(system_lmb_bram_0_arch)

# ** Fatal: (vsim-7) Failed to open VHDL file "system_lmb_bram_0.mem" in rb mode.

#

# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

#    Time: 0 ps  Iteration: 0  Process: /system_wrapper/system_i/microblaze_0_local_memory/lmb_bram/U0/native_mem_map_module/mem_map_module/line__3381

File: c:/Projects/Xilinx/kintex_x4_meet_timing/kintex_x4_sep_pll_gg_pcie.srcs/sources_1/bd/system/ip/system_microblaze_0_axi_intc_0/blk_mem_gen_v8_0/simulation/blk_mem_gen_v8_0.vhd

# FATAL ERROR while loading design

I created a file a .mem file "system_lmb_bram_0.mem" and placed it in the directory 

c:/Projects/Xilinx/kintex_x4_meet_timing/kintex_x4_sep_pll_gg_pcie.srcs/sources_1/bd/system/ip/system_microblaze_0_axi_intc_0/blk_mem_gen_v8_0/simulation/

but this did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have any idea where this issue is originating from and as to what possible course of action I could take to rectify it.

Thanks

Finbarr

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Microblaze - Modelsim loading issue - cannot find .mem file

Hi ,

Can you please the mem file in the simulation directory?
.///kintex_x4_sep_pll_gg_pcie.sim/sim1/

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Achutha

Yes, I did that but still get the same error.

Thanks

Finbarr

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi
Has anyone got any other suggestions?
I even changed the version of Modelsim to most recent version 10.3b, but still have had no luck.
Thks
Fionbarra
0 Kudos