UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor antonis2a
Visitor

PicoBLaze kcpsm3

Hi,

Could you tell me please  if Picoblaze  is the same think  with  Kcpsm3?

Because I have confused.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PicoBLaze kcpsm3

yes

KCPSM stands for Ken Chapmans Programmable State Machine
and the number is version number.
it is the same thing as Picoblaze

Antti
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

KCPSM stands for Constant(k) Coded Programmable State Machine'. The fact that 'KC' should correspond with my initials is a total coincidence :-)

PicoBlaze is the umbrella name for all the series including PSM, KCPSM, KCPSM-II, PicoBlaze for CPLD and KCPSM3.

Regards,

Ken

Ken Chapman
Principal Engineer, Xilinx UK
0 Kudos
Visitor antonis2a
Visitor

Thank you for your replies and your help.

Now, I understand.

Regards,

Antonis
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor naylor
Visitor

And what is a Nanoblaze? - is it something between between a picoblaze and a microblaze?

Graham

nibbs
0 Kudos
Visitor alfred8110
Visitor

good day... do i really need to use the kcpsm3 when using lcd as a display??? what the initialization sequence for??
0 Kudos
Visitor naylor
Visitor

LCDs need an initialisation sequence before being able to use them. The picoblaze does this very well and is very good in general for driving an LCD. It would be possible to do that in pure logic - but that would be perverse. Once you have a picoblaze in the design, you can use it for lots of other stuff aswell....

G

nibbs
0 Kudos
Visitor xiabo
Visitor

now I understand ! but  I don't know how to use it (KCPSM3),I want to test it in ISE ,what should I do ?   if I can generate a IP in ISE ,this could be ,how to do it 

0 Kudos