cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egholm
Visitor
Visitor

[2016.3, ZynqMP] Missing "u-boot,dm-pre-reloc" in zynqmp.dtsi generated by hsi/xsdk?

Hi,

We are trying to use the device tree generated with hsi/xsdk from our hdf file with U-Boot (by replacing the corresponding dts file in the u-boot/**/dts/ folder). However, it does not work.

Comparing the original "zynqmp.dtsi" with the one coming out of the xsdk/hsi tool, there is one difference that stands out.

The original file contains "a lot" (ok, a handful) of lines reading "u-boot,dm-pre-reloc", e.g.:

uart0: serial@ff000000 {
u-boot,dm-pre-reloc;

The one generated from hsi/xsdk does not.

Even the dtsi-file in the Linux kernel contains these lines by now. So that made me think that this is an error, or?

(I must admit I haven't yet tried patching those lines in, to see if they do the trick with respect to my u-boot build, though).

BR,

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
debrajr

Refer the thread: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/what-does-quot-u-boot-dm-pre-reloc-quot-do-in-zynq-7000-dtsi/td-p/731281

If needed you can patch your .dtsi file with the entries and try.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
egholm
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Debraj,

First, thanks for the reply and the reference. However, that thread discusses whether those "missing" lines are allowed in the Linux DTS.

I'm having the opposite problem: That those lines are omitted in the DTS generated by HSI and that brakes u-boot (I've verified that now, yes). So, I really reckon that it's a bug in the HSI 2016.3.

BR,

Martin

0 Kudos