cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

AMP with Vivado 2016.3

Hello everyone, we are trying to boot a bare-metal application and Linux to run in parallel on the Zynq. Therefore, we started with XAPP1078 and read the updates at: http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/XAPP1078+Latest+Information As far as we understand, the new FSBL versions (we are using Vivado 2016.3) support multiple elf files. However, it is not clear to use how to configure it to load multiple elf files. Defining USE_AMP in the pre-processor settings of the BSP did not change anything. Moreover, we tried to configure Linux to use only one CPU core by setting the kernel to SMP and adding the boot argument maxcpus=1. After boot up Linux still shows a dual core processor with two CPU cores online. Can anyone give a clue on what is missing or what we need to do different? Thanks for your help in advance, Benedikt
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

HI ,I am doing  the same thing ,using  vivado 2016.2.  Can you give me some advice ?  I dont know how to modified the BSP of  CPU1 .   can you  give me  your   E-mail Address  or  QQ ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hello,i want to run XAPP1078 in Vivado 2015.4, can you give me some advance?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have the same problem, im ussing digilent zybo board and there is no info in how to make 2 apps running standalone in the two cores of the zynq 7000. Anyone can help us??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

i use a bsp5.19 to implement an amplication that CPU0 run linux and CPU1 run EMIO LED Marquee at the same time uart print "cpu1 running" every 3 second. I download the program to the development board. When Linux start up, i type the commond " ./devmem 0xfffffff0 w 0x18000000" to wake up CPU1's app. It is confused that uart can print "cpu1 running" every 3 second but EMIO Led not marquee. I change the EMIO led to axi led, that does work. Can you explain this strange phenomenon?

thanks

0 Kudos