cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

AXI DataMover v5.1 - Order of status messages on Status Interface

Jump to solution

Is status on the Status Interface guaranteed to be in the same order as the commands issued?

For example, if I queue up CMD0, CMD1, CMD2, CMD3, will I get STATUS0, STATUS1, STATUS2, and STATUS3?

Or is it possible for the status to return out of order?

With a constant AXI ID value, I expect all AXI transactions to complete in order, and hence, all STATUS’s return in order.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

The AXI DataMover supports only a fixed ID, which means that all the transactions have to be completed in-order. I do not see reorder logic in the datasheet (and there is no reason to have it), so I guess that all the status messages are returned as received, in-order.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I also would like to know the answer to this.  I'm seeing what could possibly be out of order write/read statuses and wondering if that is allowed.  I'm using asynchronous clocking mode for the data interface and the cmd interface.  I'm trying to debug if this is user error or if this is actually allowed by the IP core.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

The AXI DataMover supports only a fixed ID, which means that all the transactions have to be completed in-order. I do not see reorder logic in the datasheet (and there is no reason to have it), so I guess that all the status messages are returned as received, in-order.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)