Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcoombs
Visitor
Visitor

AXI IIC Driver Versus Cadence I2C Driver

Hello,

I'm troubleshooting some timing issues related to the AXI IIC driver (using a Zynq chip), and for comparison purposes I ran some i2c commands on the cadence driver versus the axi IIC driver (both connected to same pins and exact same circuit/hardware).

Based on the screenshots below, you can see the waveform for the Cadence controller is much crisper.  I do not have timing errors for simple commands on this controller (like using i2cdetect).  I do have timing issues on the Axi IIC controller.  Note I'm using the xilinx-xlnx 2017.1 version.

Cadence:

Cadence (2017 driver)Cadence (2017 driver)

Axi IIC:

AXI IIC (2017 driver)AXI IIC (2017 driver)

I'm wondering if the AXI IIC driver has been improved with later releases.  It's unfortunately not an easy task for me to test this out given the custom board I am using. 

OR are there some settings I'm missing in my project that would make this waveform more crisp?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
bcoombs
Visitor
Visitor

For this issue, I think it's a non-issue.  Turns out my bitstream was old and my changes were not making it to the chip. The frequencies are wrong in the above pictures - should both be around 400kHz but one is at 100kHz.

0 Kudos