Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leethal
Observer
Observer

AXI4 Master full plus AXI4 lite Slave

Jump to solution

I have created with the tools, an AXI4 peripheral that has a full master and a slave lite interface. This then gives me a top level file containing the ports and port maps for both the interfaces and 2 lower level implementation files, one for the master and one for the slave. I intend to instantiate some frequency counters in the lower level master and send the data out the master in bursts.I would like to use the slave to to receive configuration data for the frequency counters initially to set sampling rates etc.

My question is how do I get the register data from the slave lower level file  into the master lower level file to set vales of signals etc. Do I have to pipe it to the top level file and back down to the master lower level files?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

@leethal 

>> Do I have to pipe it to the top level file and back down to the master lower level files?

Yes, that's the only way to connect signals from slave to master. To say another way, you can add wires at the top level file and drive the wires from the slave and read them from the master.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

@leethal 

>> Do I have to pipe it to the top level file and back down to the master lower level files?

Yes, that's the only way to connect signals from slave to master. To say another way, you can add wires at the top level file and drive the wires from the slave and read them from the master.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post