Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Accessing JTAG mode and SD card mode for PS to PL communication simultaneously

Hi friends,

I am generating a DAC data pattern and playing it on GUI evaluation tool to observe ADC waveform. I want to get data from the rf data converter IP core to read inside SDK tool. My question is that if I want to run device configuration in JTAG mode and SD mode, is it possible to do that? Because in order to read the data inside SDK tool, the device should be configured in JTAG mode so that it appears in the SDK console.

The bold part below is mentioned in document  (ug1287-zcu111-rfsoc-eval-tool.pdf)

"The SD card holds the image and file system, which loads the FPGA part when power is
switched on. The information passed from the host system GUI via Ethernet to the ZCU11 platform is
stored in the PL DDR using a DDR controller. The application running on the processor then
transfers this data to the programmable logic over the AXI ports."

Please any kind of help would be great.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Accessing JTAG mode and SD card mode for PS to PL communication simultaneously

Hello @ozajay_99 

It should be possible to do that. Please note JTAG access post configuration of device is available even though mode pins are not in JTAG mode. 

Meanwhile you can keep the mode pins compatible to SD boot mode. 

Regards

Kunal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Re: Accessing JTAG mode and SD card mode for PS to PL communication simultaneously

Hi Kunal,

Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos