Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winston
Observer
Observer

Adding new UART's(UART2 & UART3) in ZCU102 board

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am using ZCU102 board and xilinx-zcu102-2018.1 BSP. here already UART0 and UART1 is present, I need to add UART2 and UART3, I made all the modification in .dts and .dtsi file. but its not working, please any one help me to resolve this problem. If any document is their means, please share with me.

Here I attached the .dts and .dtsi files.

Regards

Winston

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
savula

Hi @winston

there are only 2 uarts (UART0 and UART1) in the Zynq and Zynq MP devices.uarts.PNG

In case if you want to add more uarts in your design then you can use the AXI UART lite/16550 IP.

AXI UART lite/16550 is PL based one and you can connect this IP to the PS and access from the PS. you need to route the TX and RX Signals of UARI lite/16550 IP to the PL pins.

Please check below to add AXI UART lite/16550 ip.

axi_uarts.PNG

after this generate the bit stream and use the hdf file to create the petalinux project.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
savula

Hi @winston

there are only 2 uarts (UART0 and UART1) in the Zynq and Zynq MP devices.uarts.PNG

In case if you want to add more uarts in your design then you can use the AXI UART lite/16550 IP.

AXI UART lite/16550 is PL based one and you can connect this IP to the PS and access from the PS. you need to route the TX and RX Signals of UARI lite/16550 IP to the PL pins.

Please check below to add AXI UART lite/16550 ip.

axi_uarts.PNG

after this generate the bit stream and use the hdf file to create the petalinux project.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vanmierlo
Mentor
Mentor

If you want to use this in Petalinux don't forget to connect the interrupts (as savula did in the picture).

0 Kudos