cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leo26572000
Visitor
Visitor

Address segment doesn't present in SDK system.hdf when it shows in vivado address editor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to test my ip(viterbi) by SDK through axi interface, but I find that one of the address of my ip is missing in SDK system.hdf when it shows in vivado address editor. The following pictures show the result:

editor.pnghdf.png

We can see only one address segment 0x44A00000~0x44A0ffff presents in system.hdf. The other address segment 0x20000000~0x3FFFFFFF doesn't present in system.hdf.

This causes that we cannot accesss 0x20000000~0x3FFFFFFF by SDK.

I have rebuilt the project three times, but it doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? 

Thanks in advance for your help

leo

Note:

I use vivado 2015.4.2 and device is Xilinx KC705.

I open SDK after all standard process : synthesis, implementation, and generate bitstream. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a custom ip, then you are using a custom driver. There is a generate proc in the tcl file in the data folder of your driver (if you have no driver you will need to create it) you will need to update this to include your address.

0 Kudos
leo26572000
Visitor
Visitor

What is the mean of a custom driver? Like a microblace? 

The core I use is Xilinx microblace. And I access my ip viterbi by axi interface.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a custom IP, then you would need a custom driver. Every IP needs a corresponding driver. When you build the BSP, this call the generate proc in the custom drivers data/<driver_name>.tcl

If you created the IP using the IP Packaging tool in Vivado, this will create the custom driver for you. If you dont have a custom driver, then you need to create one. 

0 Kudos
leo26572000
Visitor
Visitor

I have already used Vivado IP packaging tool, like ug1118 document. But I don't know which step is to create a custom driver.

Is there any example or document to demonstrate this, or which page in ug1118 I miss? 

What should we write in tcl to create the driver? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The tools will create the driver if you created the IP with the AXI interface ( the last option in the first screen in the IP packager) if you just packaged your RTL then you would need to create this manually. Have a look at the Xilinx drivers for the gpio for example in the SDK install for a reference on how to create a custom driver
0 Kudos