cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbietola
Scholar
Scholar

Are interrupts shared on R5 cores?

Hi, i see a strange behaviour and i think it could be related to interrrupts.

Hi have 2 R5 processor, on R5 0 i run baremetal, on R5 1 i run free rtos.

On freertos i have an interrupt to receive from a serial port.

All run fine but when i start the R5 0 processor, i see that i drop packets.

I suspect it's because R5 1 "sees" the interrupts from R5 0 processor and this alter the timing.

How can i be sure that the processor only sees the interrupt i need?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
abhinayp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mrbietola ,

From which peripherals are these interrupts connected? Is this interrupt coming from PL?

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
abhinayp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mrbietola ,

Forgot to ask which version are you using? Is this an OpenAMP configuration? 

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
mrbietola
Scholar
Scholar

the interrupts are coming from pl. There is no openamp, version is 2019.2

0 Kudos
badegoke_f1
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @mrbietola ,

Do you have the interrupts coming from the PL to R5 connected to legacy interrupt ports on the RPU? I cannot get my interrupts firing on the R5 in standalone mode. I have four Axi-CAN IPs with individual interrupts in the PL and I want to have them connected to the RPU R5 as the APUs are needed for Linux.

Any pointers or help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks

Bade

0 Kudos
mrbietola
Scholar
Scholar

@badegoke_f1  no i use normal interrupts connected to the GIC.

You can try the example program for the gpio to see how to enable interrupt in the software.

One note, i'm unable to fire interrupt once i reprogram my software, i need to completely reset the entire system since i'm not able to reset the GIC.

So make sure you start always from a clean state

badegoke_f1
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @mrbietola ,

I got it R5 interrupt working by connecting to GIC( i.e without enabling legacy interrupts). I used this links :AR#70116 . 
I haven't seen the issue of "having to reset once I reprogram" Although I am running in debug mode. I'll watch out for that .Thanks 

Regards

0 Kudos