Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

BMM back-annotated generation in Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a xxx.bmm file defining address map with BRAM instances name I want to fill.

In ISE, I provide this file and set the -bm switch to NGDBuild which generates the back-annotated xxx_bd.bmm file with the BRAM

placement information. Then I can simply use data2mem.

What is the equivalent in Vivado ? I found some documentation only related to project having a block design or processor IP.

I add the BMM file in the project but I can't set the BMM_INFO_DESIGN property because I have no block design...

Any advice ? Thanks.

Antonin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @broquet,

Please check the Work-around-2 in the AR#63041  https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63041.html

the work around-1 will discuss in case of the Block design and work-around-2 discuss out side of BD.

Hope this will helps you.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @savula,

Thanks for your reply.

I saw this AR#63041. The problem I see with the Work-around-2 is that I need to fill the BRAM placement each time I run implementation ? The BRAM placement is not fixed. And I don't want to constraint it.

That's why I asked a flow like in ISE. If I give only BRAM instances, which don't change from a design to another one while I don't change net name of course. Then ISE (NGDBuild) is able to associate BRAM placement information to instance.

Here with the Work-around-2 in Vivado, I have to manually set it at each implementation. Right ? Tell me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Antonin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @stephenm,

Thank you for your TCL script ! It is exactlly what I needed. I changed it a bit for my needs, and it works.

Regards,

Antonin

0 Kudos