Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kganesh90
Visitor
Visitor

Booting with encrypted BOOT.bin

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to encrypt our IP and boot the system securely. I followed these steps as per the documentation.

1. Generated a boot.bin using fsbl.elf , bitstream file and u-boot file all encryption enabled using Xilinx SDK.

2. Copied the BOOT.bin to SD card. SD card has just BOOT.bin in it. 

3. Programmed BBRAM with the key using VIvado via JTAG connection. No errors thrown. BBRAM programmed successfully. 

4. Later inserted SD card into the slot on board. Nothing seen on serial terminal. 

Same procedure followed for non-encrypted BOOT.bin works perfectly and system boots up. What might be wrong? Thanks! 

PS: I used the fsbl.elf and u-boot.elf file given on the DVD along with the board to generate BOOT.bin. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kganesh90
Visitor
Visitor

The problem was solved by connecting an external battery to BBRAM pinout . It seems the BBRAM gets erased on power cycle reset for booting the system. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kganesh90
Visitor
Visitor

The board I'm using for the above issue is Xilinx Zynq (Zynq-7020). 

0 Kudos
kganesh90
Visitor
Visitor

The problem was solved by connecting an external battery to BBRAM pinout . It seems the BBRAM gets erased on power cycle reset for booting the system. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos