Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

CAN0 @ RTOS or Baremetal

Jump to solution

Hi there,

we want to use the CAN0 BUS via RTOS or Baremetal, so my setup is looking as follows:

CAN 0 actiavted @ EMIO 10..11

can0_cfg.png

Then after bitstream was created, I've imported the hardware into my SDK project. So ps7_can_0 can be found @ system.hdf

system_hdf.png

So did I miss something or isn't there any driver for a non linux PS? The other point is: I would implement the driver by myself, but there isn't any documentation about the CAN0 registers? The only documentation about CAN registers can be found @ xilinx AXI CAN IP, but I doubt that the registers are the same, isn't it?

axi_can_ip.png

Perhaps someone could explain whats the difference between the CAN0 / CAN1 and the AXI CAN IP, except the huge price tag.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

rocco

can0_cfg.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: CAN0 @ RTOS or Baremetal

Jump to solution

Hi @rocco0815 ,

PS CAN IP features and register details are available in Zynq-7000 User Guide TRM i.e. UG585.

You are looking into PL based CAN IP product guide which is not correct reference.

Since you have exported desing with PS CAN routed to EMIO onto SDK, you must see PS CAN baremetal examples in system.mss.

We dont have RTOS examples.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: CAN0 @ RTOS or Baremetal

Jump to solution

Hi @rocco0815 ,

PS CAN IP features and register details are available in Zynq-7000 User Guide TRM i.e. UG585.

You are looking into PL based CAN IP product guide which is not correct reference.

Since you have exported desing with PS CAN routed to EMIO onto SDK, you must see PS CAN baremetal examples in system.mss.

We dont have RTOS examples.

Regards

Praveen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos