cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kangsungsik
Explorer
Explorer

Control aurora64B66B framing data by AXI slave.

Jump to solution

Hi. i used aurora64b66b in my application to transfer data between 2 boards.

On reciever board, i want to control framing data by full,empty,valid signal of FIFO and then finally want to handle data in PS side.

When i started project, i plan to use chip2chip IP with aurora. But i saw chip2chip IP support only axi-streaming mode when it was used with aurora.

So, If is want to receive data as much as i want and control data flow (maybe with tready,tlast,tvalid signal) , do i have to design custom axi slave with state machine instead of using chip2chip IP core?

thanks you! have a good day.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
@kangsungsik , yes, C2C IP only supports Aurora with streaming mode. If you want to use Aurora with framing mode, you should have your logics to interface with Aurora instead of C2C ip in both master and slave sides.
But AXI4 memory map interface is a kind of framing interface. So you can use AXI4 to transfer your data via C2C. The C2C will transfer idle data between each frame.
Thanks,

Longley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
@kangsungsik , yes, C2C IP only supports Aurora with streaming mode. If you want to use Aurora with framing mode, you should have your logics to interface with Aurora instead of C2C ip in both master and slave sides.
But AXI4 memory map interface is a kind of framing interface. So you can use AXI4 to transfer your data via C2C. The C2C will transfer idle data between each frame.
Thanks,

Longley

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kangsungsik
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you @longley.

As you said, I am designing my logic for using aurora IP with framing mode.

By the way, i don't quite understand your last sentence.

'But AXI4 memory map interface is a kind of framing interface. So you can use AXI4 to transfer your data via C2C. The C2C will transfer idle data between each frame.'

Does it means C2C support only streaming mode, but C2C interfaced with AXI4 can works like framing mode? 

Can i control data like framing mode with C2C?

0 Kudos