cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milan_mian
Explorer
Explorer

Core generator in Vivado?

Hi, I am working with block memory generator IP in vivado 2014.4. On opening the IP, I can find the options for loading MEM and COE files. But when I go to the IP product guide of the block memory, it says "when using IP integrator, the initialization in BRAM controller mode is done only throught the MEM file, see MEM files of the Data2MEM user guide UG658". So, it means I need MEM file.

I found that Core generator can be used to make MEM file.(I need to convert image file to MEM file) I could not find the core generator in Vivado.

Please help how to fix this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
debrajr

There is no core generator in Vivado. You can use data2mem command to initialize the BRAM contents. For details of data2mem refer the document: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/data2mem.pdf
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos