cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Coregen SPI block

I am working on a Spartan 6 design and need to add a SPI interface so that I can support remote upgrade of the serial configuration Flash.

I have ISE 14.7 installed, everything else is working fine, I can have built the basic FPGA image, have the design basically working.  Just need to add the SPI block.  After web searches I have found reference to "LogiCORE IP XPS Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)(v2.02a) " which sounds like it would do the trick.

I launch Coregen and but there is no SPI block listed.  No UARTs or I2C either, which is surprising.  After more searching I found where I can add the UART and IIC interfaces in the 'manage license' tab of the product licensing web page.  But there is still no SPI block that I can find.

Is it part of something else, or named something that I am not recognizing?

On a side note, as I mentioned above this is a Spartan 6 with the built in PCIe core and configures with the SPI serial flash.  This seems like it would be a very common arrangement. Is there any 'share ware' software available that would do the remote upgrade via the PCIe bus?

Rod

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi @rodmcinnis,

AFAIK, there is xps_spi block in XPS's IP catalog to add in the design directly or  enable from BSB while building hardware design.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos