Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Creating a PL to PS interrupt for Zynq 007S

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a signal that comes into the FPGA fabric of a Zynq 007S and I want to use it generate an interrupt to the ARM processor.  Can I just feed that signal into the IRQ_F2P input of the ZYNQ or do I need to do something else?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
In the IPI canvas, just right click and create port. In the create port GUI, set the type to interrupt. You can set the sensitivity here too

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

You may need to give it an attribute telling Vivado that it is an interrupt signal, or it may not let you connect the pin.  This is a VHDL example:

-- Declare the attributes in the architecture section
ATTRIBUTE X_INTERFACE_INFO : STRING;
ATTRIBUTE X_INTERFACE_INFO of intr_out_2: SIGNAL is "xilinx.com:signal:interrupt:1.0 intr_out_2 INTERRUPT";
-- Supported parameter: SENSITIVITY { LEVEL_HIGH, LEVEL_LOW, EDGE_RISING, EDGE_FALLING }
-- Normally LEVEL_HIGH is assumed.  Use this parameter to force the level
ATTRIBUTE X_INTERFACE_PARAMETER : STRING;
ATTRIBUTE X_INTERFACE_PARAMETER of intr_out_2: SIGNAL is "SENSITIVITY EDGE_RISING";

If its packaged as IP, I think you can do this through the GUI.  Try right clicking on the pin and seeing if you can tel Vivado that this is an interrupt signal.  I would try, but I'm in the middle of a long build.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Bruce...I just connected the signal to the IRQ_F2P input on the Zynq.  We're going to set the interrupt to be edge sensitive and see if that works.

Thanks,
Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
In the IPI canvas, just right click and create port. In the create port GUI, set the type to interrupt. You can set the sensitivity here too

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stephen,

Thanks!  I didn't know I could do that.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos