Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mubashira@12
Visitor
Visitor

Default values of AXI GPIO addresses

Jump to solution

In my block design made in vivado, I have attached an AXI GPIO block with the zynq block. The address of the GPIO block starts from 0x41200000. Now the problem is that when run the boot.bin file, the default values on the address range of the GPIO block are very haphazard from on 41200000, the data is 0xaae3e2c2 whereas its default value is supposed to be 0x0. Can anybody explain to me why these addresses of AXI GPIO do not have their default values?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mubashira@12
Visitor
Visitor

The reason  i was not getting default values was that i was not placing a "0x" before the address, so peek poke was looking at some other place because 0x had not been placed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mubashira@12
Visitor
Visitor
Sorry for the bad editing. I will repeat my question again.

In my block design made in vivado, I have attached an AXI GPIO block with the zynq block. The address of the GPIO block starts from 0x41200000. Now the problem is that when I run the boot.bin file, the default values on the address range of the GPIO block are very haphazard, for example at 0x41200000, the data is 0xaae3e2c2 whereas its default value is supposed to be 0x0. Can anybody explain to me why these addresses of AXI GPIO do not have their default values?
0 Kudos
timduffy
Explorer
Explorer
Can you post a picture of the waveform of the bus? The AXI bus is shared across the other peripherals in your design, so it is possible that is data intended for a different IP block ( in the past or in the future ). Is the awvalid signal and/or wvalid signals asserted high when you see this value? Is your software perhaps intending to write to a different peripheral, but the address is incorrect? Are you seeing that 0xAAE3E2C2 show up on the output of the GPIO IP block?
0 Kudos
mubashira@12
Visitor
Visitor

The reason  i was not getting default values was that i was not placing a "0x" before the address, so peek poke was looking at some other place because 0x had not been placed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos